Ministry with Children and Youth

We value children and want them to be safe when part of our activities at Church in the Marketpace. All our activities with children come within our “Safe Place for Children” policy and relevant background checks are required for anyone volunteering to assist.

Church in the Marketplace Playgroup

for children aged 0–5 years operates on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. Click here for more details on Time for Us Playgroup.

How do I make a difference?

• There are many ways you can assist Time for Us Playgroup. Here are some:

• Help with a craft activity

• Participate in music with the children

• Make a cake or serve refreshments during the session

This is a good fit for people who enjoy the company of pre-schoolers and their parents / carers.

Find out more from the church front desk or call 02 9387 2300.

Church in the Marketplace Kids

Church in the Marketplace Kids is the program for children aged 0–12 that operates on Sunday mornings at Church in the Marketplace.

Become part of the team that works with the children on Sunday mornings, doing craft, music and other activities. Most helpers participate once a month.

This is a good fit for people who enjoy the company of children and are excited by the opportunity to share the love of Jesus with them in both word and action.

Scripture in schools

We have a great opportunity to share the message about God’s love to children in our local schools. We provide scripture teachers at two local primary schools, Bronte (Monday afternoons) and Waverley (Wednesday mornings).

• Assist once a week with scripture classes eg helping children with craft activities. Training is provided. Note: It is necessary to undergo full background checks to ensure volunteers are suitable to work with children.

This is a good fit for people who enjoy the company of primary school aged children and are excited by the opportunity to share the love of Jesus with them in both word and action.