Great news! We can continue to meet together at Church in the Market Place for worship on Sundays. We believe that if everyone is careful for the health of our fellow worshippers we can enjoy gathering with each other.
We will need to:
- stay 1.5 m from someone who is not part of our family or our household.
- use hand sanitiser.
- not sit next to somebody unless they are part of our family or our household.
- go straight into the worship space as soon as we have signed in
- not linger in the foyer to greet people either before or after worship
- leave the building promptly at the conclusion of worship. We can catch up with people by having a picnic at the park nearby or going to a café
Everyone is requested to wear a mask. For some people with breathing problems we realise that this may be difficult.
Worship will be a bit different from what we are used to.
- We can’t sing together. For the time being we will have a single singer. There may be other ways to join in without singing.
- Communion will be different. We are working on ways to celebrate in a safe manner.
- Money offerings will be able to be given at the end of the service. Many people have been using the online options to give. It would be very helpful if this can continue. If you need help to do this, please go to our website http://cmponline.net/giving/ or talk to a leader.
If you have any suggestions about how we can worship well in Covid 19 times, please talk with one of our leaders or send an email to [email protected].
If you prefer to continue to worship online, we will be live streaming Sunday worship https://cmponline.online.church/. The service can also be viewed at another time using this link.
As we continue to show care and responsibility as a church and as a community we will hopefully be able to return to doing the things in a more familiar way.
Grace and peace to you,
Church Council Chairperson